An introduction to the BBC micro:bit
This webinar was presented by Martin Richards, Content Manger of the Digital Technologies Hub, and Tom Bijesse from Code Club.
This session provided an introduction to the BBC micro:bit, focusing on visual programming. We cover:
- the micro:bit and the online environment
- getting started: loading simple programs on to the micro:bit, such as Name Tag, and using the A,B buttons
- introducing the micro:bit to your students. We discuss how to access introductory resources such as Code Club and other tutorials, as well as managing these devices in your class.
- extension projects/kits. A small amount of extra resources like sensors open up opportunity for STEM projects.
BBC micro:bits tutorials (Blocks)
These two videos (Creating a digital dice part 1 and 2) are to be used as support material for the year 5-6 project: Making a digital dice in the BBC micro:bit challenges document.
This tutorial on making a digital dice covers programming skills of:
- creating and using a variable
- using if/then/else statements
- generating random numbers.
Creating a digital dice using Micro:Bit (Part 1)
Creating a digital dice using Micro:Bit (Part 2)