Create a whole-school plan (accessible version)
Plan your implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Digital Technologies
Consider jurisdiction and sector requirements
What is prescribed or mandated?
Engage with the curriculum
- Develop leadership insight into intent and structure.
- Plan for professional learning and develop teacher expertise.
Align with the school’s vision, mission and aims
Explore how the intent and key ideas of the Digital Technologies curriculum support the school’s direction.
Create a whole-school plan
- Will the curriculum be explicit or integrated?
- Explore and make connections between the Digital Technologies curriculum and other curriculum areas.
Audit your school's resources
- Audit your school's access to technology.
- Are your bandwidth and Wi-Fi capacity adequate?
- What supporting digital technologies do you have?
- Audit staff capacity and expertise.
Implement your plan
- Start small and build on successes.
- Engage with community to support your program.
- Create a timeline with phased implementation.
- Include assessing and reporting.
Refine, review and innovate.
Digital Technologies Hub is brought to you by Education Services Australia and the Australian Government Department of Education. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0, unless otherwise indicated.