What skills have you developed through the Makerspace?
- looking at instructions carefully to help understanding
- development of communication skills.
What has been your favourite activity and why?
- building functional models from diagrams and instructions
- learning from failure and thinking outside the box.
How is the Makerspace different to other subjects?
- not like lots of high school subjects that are about sitting at a desk and learning facts
- Makerspace is hands-on, creative, fun and inspires students to learn.
How has learning in the Makerspace influenced you outside of school?
- being creative at home and developing curiosity in what else can be made at home.
Why do you enjoy participating in the Makerspace?
- gives learners the opportunity to express imagination and creativity
- better than sitting in a chair and learning
- inspires learners to learn more.
Why should other schools have a Makerspace?
- gives you the opportunity to build outside of the curriculum
- hands-on, following instructions and being creative
- Makerspace able to cover any curriculum topic
- can bring in the wider community
- students missing out on a learning opportunity if they do not work
- brings concepts like area and volume to life through making.